Even if you don’t have spare time to use for intensive skin care, know that you can still pamper yourself by practicing the fundamental skincare steps. Healthy lifestyle choices and good skin care can help you prevent different skin issues and delay natural aging. Listed below are some of the fundamental yet helpful skincare tips you can apply to yourself to achieve healthy skin.
Keep in mind that your uncontrolled stress can only cause your skin to be more sensitive and trigger other skin issues and acne breakouts. To promote a healthy state of mind and healthy skin, know how to deal with your stress effectively, such as making the things you enjoy, setting reasonable limits, getting enough sleep, and more.?
Protect your skin from the sun
One of the best ways to maintain your skin is to protect it from the sun. Remember that being subjected to lifetime exposure to the sun can result in skin issues, age spots, and wrinkles. Plus, it will only boost your risk of getting skin cancer. To maximize total sun protection, you should remember these tips:
- Look for shade— Avoid being exposed to the sun, especially between 10 AM to 4 PM since that’s the time when the rays of the sun are the strongest.?
- Apply sunscreen – It’s important to use sunscreen that has an SPF of at least 15 or 30. Make sure to generously apply your sunscreen and reapply it every 2 hours or so especially when you’re perspiring or swimming.?
- Wear protective clothing – A protective clothing is important to cover your skin as much as possible. For that, use wide-brimmed hats, long pants, and long-sleeved shirts.?
Eat healthy diet
Eating a healthy diet can help you feel and look your best. Thus, you should consume lots of vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, and whole grains. Though the link between acne and diet is still unclear, a few researchers recommend that fish oil supplements or a diet rich in fish oil and low in refined/processed carbohydrates and unhealthy fat might help you have young-looking skin. Everyone is also encouraged to drink lots of water to keep their skin hydrated all the time.?
Gently treat your skin
If you shave and cleanse your skin every day, it could damage your skin. Hence, it’s important to keep it gentle:
- Limit bath time. Long baths or showers using hot water will only eliminate your skin’s natural oils. Hence, limit your shower or bath time. Instead of hot water, it’s best to use warm water.??
- Don’t use strong soaps. Strong detergents and soaps can strip oil from your skin. Thus, pick mild cleansers for your skin.?
- Moisturize. When you have dry skin, make sure to regularly apply a moisturizer that suits your skin type.?
- Pat dry. After you take a bath or shower, gently blot or pat your skin dry using a towel so that some moisture will remain on your skin.?
Visit your trusted dermatologist
If you’re unsure about your particular skin type or how to deal with your skin issues, it’s best to visit a reliable Frisco dermatology expert today.?